HiFi-M8 redefines the portable DAC/Amp. This innovative, category-defining product sets a standard others will be judged by. We've done that before with our award-winning MicPort Pro and DACport. We did it again with HiFi-M8.
A unique combination of sound quality, output power and battery life, HiFi-M8 sets you free to explore your world, audiophile sound in the pocket.
HiFi-M8 (pronounced "Mate") creates a perfect listening experience anywhere you are — at work, on a train, or in the gym; helping you through the workday or soothing you at home. Take your high-res music with you. That's freedom.
HiFi-M8 is a USB DAC and an audiophile sound card for your iPhone, iPad and iPod. It extracts digital audio from computers and Apple's portable devices and converts it to analog, for purest sound reproduction.
HiFi-M8 is also a powerful headphone amplifier with balanced outputs. Gone are the days when you needed to carry a separate DAC, Amp and a battery. HiFi-M8 has all components built-in and carefully matched to preserve sonic fidelity.
HiFi-M8 enables audiophile on-the-go listening by combining 24-bit/192kHz audio quality, over 6 hours of battery life, balanced headphone output and multiple sonic shaping features within a single, integrated, portable device.
HiFi-M8 is a highly flexible product with two input options (M8 and M8 LX). If you don't use an iPhone, pick the LX, which replaces iDevice input with an optical TOSLINK (SPDIF) input — perfect for people who use a DAP, such as AK-100.
The four output options (4XL, RSA, CMB, PRO) offer a broad selection of jacks, ensuring compatibility with a wide variety of headphones. Two input options by four output options makes eight different models! That's flexibility.
CEntrance got on the cover of Stereophile with our award-winning DACport and DACmini products. With HiFi-M8 we raised the bar yet again. Here is how:
- Support for Balanced AND Unbalanced headphones: IEMs and over-head
- Compatibility with iPhone/iPad/iPod, Android, Mac and PC
- Three levels of output impedance, for best headphone linearity
- Three levels of headphone gain, for fine-tuning the loudness
- Three levels of bass sonic shaping, for a subtle boost in the low end
- Three levels of treble sonic shaping, for a subtle boost in the highs
- Choice of portable or desktop operation (battery or wall-powered)
- Ability to charge the phone/tablet off the power adapter while playing